Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Slow Down, Smell The Roses

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. James 1:19 For as long as I can remember I have been told by many people to slow down. My roomie in the Army even got me a book entitled "Slow Me Down Lord". When we rush through everything we can tend to make mistakes, not think things through, be impulsive, or rush to judgement. None of these are a good thing. For those of us who are speedy it is a challenge to slow down. There are many things in life that can be missed if time is not taken to ponder, think, and pray. It is not necessary to make decisions right on the spot. It is often not wise to speak at your first opportunity. Better to stop, think, and pray. I often think today's verse would be ideal for newlyweds to commit to memory for the days and challenges that lie ahead of them. Take inventory of your life. Do you take time to enjoy life? Also do you insure you wait before jumping head over heels into something and weigh the facts and the impact it will have? PRAYER: Slow me down Lord. Help me to learn to appreciate the beauty of your world. I especially need to ponder my words before they pop out of my mouth. Give me your strength Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment