Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Got Humility?

For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. Matthew 23:12 A friend posed a question to me recently that made me think of the issue of being humble. She asked if I wrote my devotion could I do it anonymously without any credit to myself. A good thought provoking question. My answer of course was yes but sometimes it is so hard in this fame saturated world to not want credit for something. I am on a quest to be published and the question is why? For me, or for wanting to get God's word out to more people. Ouch. No one really likes to be around boastful people, like letting everyone know when they have achieved human greatness. "Let you virtues speak for themselves" a former Army boss used to say. John 3:30 says "He must increase but I must decrease" and isn't that the truth. God is the one who is to be exalted and get the glory for He gave you the abilities you possess. People who boast become self centered and often times arrogant, thinking it is all about them. Facebook and Instagram pose yet another challenge to the idea of boasting. Be careful. It is okay to share the life and times of yourself but take heed to not enter the realm of bragging. Everyone who uses this social network should be cautious in this area. Do you seek to give God the glory for things in your life? PRAYER: Forgive me Lord if I have ever thought more highly of myself than I should. I know it is you who have given me the skills I possess and help me to remember to give you the praise and glory. In Jesus' name. Amen. Click link for a song of worship: http://youtu.be/0RZTYDPavEY

No comments:

Post a Comment