Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Geez, Forgive Me Already

An offended friend is harder to win back than a fortified city. Arguments separate friends like a gate locked with bars. Proverbs 18:19

 This verse has come alive to me in the past couple years. Not sure if any of those who read this devotion have had experiences with a close trusted friend not wanting to be a friend anymore but it is confusing to say the least. Obviously it is something that must occur a good deal if it is in scriptures. I always think the root cause is from Satan who tries to destroy and divide. Maybe a person is having a bad day and they take it out on you. Perhaps there are deeper hidden issues. There is a saying "hurting people hurt people" and there is much truth to that. Our job when a person turns on us is to not hate and be ugly back but to continue to pray. Let them go. Give them and the situation to God then move on. It is hard to do but it is necessary. We can not camp out in our feelings of loss. Life goes on and so must we.

 Just last week I accidentally hit a fellow passenger on a flight in the head with my backpack as I bent over to retrieve my carry on bag at end of flight. It was not intentional yet she blasted me with words and ugly looks. I said "please forgive me" yet she seemed so angry. It was an accident. I prayed for that lady cause something deeper set her off.

 Are you harboring bitterness in your heart towards a friend or a family member? Do your realize that ill feelings are not from God but originate with the enemy? Our job is to love, forgive, and move on, never to hate or be bitter. Above all our job is to pray. Now go have a happy friendly loving day.

 PRAYER: Lord thank you that you love me even through dumb things I do. Help me to forgive others who have hurt me or been angry. I know the enemy is the source of all that is evil and wrong so help me to be kind at all costs. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment