Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Forgive? Who Me??

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.Matthew 18:21-22 Has someone hurt you? Maybe they do not even know it. Have you hurt someone else? Maybe you lashed out in a verbal tirade and wounded a friend or family member or perhaps it was a total stranger such as a telemarketer interrupting your supper, again. Perhaps you overreacted to something and wish you could rewind the tape and take it back. Many things factor in to people hurting others either intentionally or unintentionally. Personality differences are a big one. Also there is a saying "Hurting people hurt people" and there is lots of truth to that. There may be a case of jealousy. Whatever the situation we are called to forgive others. Let things go. Move on. Blow it off. Don't stew over something or try to figure it out. Capture the good in life and let go of the not so good. Pray for those who have hurt you according to Matthew 5:44. Do yourself a favor and forgive. It is best for all parties involved. PRAYER: It is easy to be angry. It is easy to be hurt. It is easy to hate. I choose this day to forgive anyone in my life who has hurt me or held a grudge against me for no particular reason. I know I can only grow closer to you when I release this person to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment