Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Growing Older? Rejoice!

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4 Our society is immersed in a young youth-like culture. If you are over a certain age at times you are made to feel ugly and not valuable. Commercials show men with gray hair but rarely a woman with gray hair. The advertisements for aging and getting rid of spots and sagging skin often have models who are probably not more than 40. Let's face it. If you listen to 'Madison Avenue' advertising and marketing you feel washed up if you are over the age of 45. First off just because you are getting up there in years is no reason to quit on things you enjoy. Even retirement is not actually in the Bible. Now I am not judging those of you who are enjoying this time of life but only stating God has a purpose for you no matter what stage of life you are in. It is not necessary to look youthful to be youthful. If you like your job keep your job. If you want to go ride a roller coaster go do it. If you want to swing in the park, go ahead. Don't stop living because of a date on the calendar or society telling you it is not proper. Wherever you are, however 'young' you may be, God is the source of your strength. He loves you and has a plan for you no matter what your birth year is. Go one, enjoy your life! PRAYER: Thank you for the blessing of each year of life you have given me. You have a plan for every age. I am thankful for the gift of good health and pray for those who may be shut in. Guard my heart from comparing myself to people in the world who portray a different image than you do Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment