Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Looking Ahead

But Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt. Genesis 19:26 Recently I had a very close call on the way to church of all things. Instead of paying attention to the road ahead of me and traffic I became focused on the vehicle behind me tailgating. In doing so I failed to see I did not have a turn signal and turned left right in front of an approaching pick up truck. This truck had to swerve to avoid my potentially deadly stupidity. Needless to say, God and our angels were watching over my husband and I as it could have sent us to the ER or the morgue. In life we need to stay focused ahead as well and not behind. Looking behind at the past does not solve anything. God wants our focus to be on the here and now and what lies ahead of us. Philippians 3:13-14 says "Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Stay tuned with anticipation and hope for the future ahead of you. What in your life do you need to stay focused on and stop looking back? Trust God today and for the future. He has your back. PRAYER: Oh Lord you are so good. You watch over me even when I ignore you and do my own thing. Thank you for guarding me even when I am far away from you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment