Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Be Encouraged


Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Colossians 3:1

Most everyone knows what it is like to have a sense of discouragement come upon them. It is a hopeless confusing feeling. Sometimes like you can't continue your task at hand. Many times we can easily become like this when we forget to look up to Jesus and set our thoughts and eyes upon Him. Focusing on our problems does not bring hope, but despair. Of course Satan loves nothing more than to keep us feeling gloomy. I say enough is enough to Satan. 

Do this when you start to get down. Start listing your blessings. Maybe keep a jar and each day write on a slip of paper one thing good that happened that day. This exercise can help you keep looking 'up' and not on what has got you down. And out loud say to Satan "get behind me, you have no power over me". 

Before you know it you not only will feel encouraged but you will be able to spread encouragement to those around you. 

PRAYER: Thanks for being my 24/7 savior. You care when I am discouraged. I know you want to use me to help encourage others. I choose to keep my thoughts on you. In Jesus' name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment