Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Fly Like An Eagle

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
The eagle is such a majestic creature. When our family lived in the Mississippi River community of Bettendorf, Iowa, nearby Rock Island Arsenal, which is an island in the middle of the Mississippi River, was a winter habitat for hundreds of bald eagles. The dam there provided an excellent source of fish. These eagles would be waiting in the trees to swoop down and get a meal. I have seen Eagles in Alaska too but never willI forget the sight of them there on the river between Illinois and Iowa.
The eagle is a powerful bird. We are to be like the eagle according to this verse. The eagle can swoop and soar and never appear fatigued. It takes care of it's young back in the nest and trains them to eventually leave on go fly on their own.
Do you feel powerful like an eagle? Can you wait upon God and His timing in certain things or do you forge ahead without guidance? Waiting involves praying, trusting, and meditating on His words. Our hope never ends when we have the Lord on our side. Be strong like the eagle and run your race to win and never quit!
PRAYER: Help me Lord as I choose to soar like an eagle and not just stay in the safety of my 'nest'. I know your plans for me are good and perfect. I trust you Lord. Thank you for watching me and guiding me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment