Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Ah, That New Car Smell



Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Recently I was blessed to get a brand new car. For anyone who has ever owned a new car there is a distinct smell that kind of gets you excited every time step in to drive. Friends like to pop their head in the door just to get a whiff of this new car smell.

When things are new they are always nice and we tend to treat them with kid gloves. With a car you may park it far away so no one 'dings' the car doors. Perhaps you hand wash it weekly so as not to take it through those brush car washes that could scratch it. Maybe you do not want anyone eating or drinking in the vehicle so as to not risk getting seats soiled. 

When you are a new Christian you can get super excited too. I remember for me the day in 1975 when I rededicated my life to Christ. I was hungry for God's word. I got a brand new Bible with many neat features in the back to help me grow in Christ. I was ministered to by the Navigators ministry and later Campus Crusade for Christ and Officer's Christian Fellowship. I was hungry to be with God's people and grow in Christ. I got thrilled about going on retreats and to Bible study. It was new and fresh. 

Just like a new car,if you want to continue to grow and stay strong, you have to keep getting overjoyed every day to take care to study the word of God. Do not allow things of this world to drag you away so maybe all you are doing is one hour on Sunday. Keep that new Christian fervor alive and do not fall for tricks of the enemy to get you derailed. 

PRAYER: Lord I love your word. It is my meditation day and night. There have been times when I got off course but I am thankful you were there with open arms to rescue me and draw me back to you. In Jesus' name . Amen.

Click on link to worship the Lord in song:

No comments:

Post a Comment