Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Positive Speaking

For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned. Matthew 12:37

Do you catch yourself saying any of the following negative speech? 
I am just going to be fat.
          I can't lose weight as I am too old.
I am a worrier.
You know how it is when you get old. 
I  am too old to look for work.
My joints ache cause I am old. 
I hate winter. 
I can never get ahead. 
I hate summer. 
I can't get well. 
They will never hire me.

Okay you see what I  am getting at. Negative speech can become a habit that you may not even be aware you are doing. Positive speaking is what God wants us to do. Don't criticize your self. Don't say you are unable to do something. Satan is the one who puts negativity in your heart. Beat him at his game.
The more you get in the habit of saying positive statements the more you will start to believe them. Why put yourself down by your own words. God is a positive God not a negative one. Do not fall into the trap of digging a hole for yourself by making  'wrong confessions' out of your mouth.
Try this. Get up and say positive things. Call things as not as though they were as it says in Romans 4:17. Try to get negative, derogatory, or unloving speech out of your vocabulary and instead focus on saying things like "something good is going to happen to me today!" 
PRAYER: Lord I have said condemning things before about myself but I know at any age you have good things in store. I know no matter what your plan for me is wonderful and I can do all things with your help. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment