Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Let God Be Your Guide


Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

My youngest son used to have a summer job as a River Guide or in other words he paddled through up to Class 4 and 5 Rapids and insured the safety of his passengers. Their job was to listen and heed his advice, as this is a dangerous activity  and it is essential you listen to your guide.

God is our guide in life. If you heed the instructions in His guidebook, the Bible, things will go more smoothly than if you go it your own way. If you do a word study of verses in the Bible pertaining to guidance you will find around 75 verses. He guides, instructs, and teaches if only we would listen. Sometimes when we refuse to listen we suffer the consequences.

A guide helps you to stay on the right path of only you listen. When we do not listen what is the use of having a guide. God is that guide and His instructions are found in pages of scripture. We must open them up and read and study them to find out where things to do to stay on His path in life.

PRAYER: Thank you for being my guide 24/7. At times I have fallen short and gone my own way but you are there to instruct me again and welcome me back to your fold. Forgive me for the times I have not paid attention to what you are teaching me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment