Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus




Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2


There is a familiar hymn about focusing on Jesus and the problems of the world seem to fade away that is the same title as my title today.  This is a very true statement. When you are hurt turn to Jesus. When you are joyful turn to Jesus. Keep looking to Him and not at issues that surround you. 

One of the ways to stay focused on positive things and to be able to 'look up' when you feel like 'looking down' is to stay positive. You can do this by saying affirming things out loud. Positive confessions spoken out loud help cure many ills. If you tune in to God the cares of the world seem to fade. What good does sitting around speculating about what might happen going to do? Answer. Nothing. So what is the alternative? Speaking God's word out loud and letting them get down in your spirit. I guarantee you if you do this you will feel better. No matter what the situation, turn it over to God.

Here are just a few good positive scriptures to read out loud.You may not be where you can speak out loud and if not still read them but later when alone read them out loud.


I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.  See 2 Corinthians 5:21
I am the head and not the tail. See  Deuteronomy 28:13
My children shall rise up and call me blessed(for moms)  See Proverbs 31:28
I am precious in God's sight.  See  Isaiah 43:4
I will run and not be weary. See Isaiah 40:31
 I will resist Satan and he has to flee. See James 4:7
God has a plan for my life. See Jeremiah 29:11
 My children will not depart from the godly training they received. See Proverbs 22:6
 I can do all things through him who gives me strength. See Philippians 4:13
 No weapon formed against me shall prosper. See Isaiah 54:17
 I will give God my worries as he cares for me. See 1 Peter 5:7
 He is my shelter in a storm. See Isaiah 25:4
 God is my help in times of trouble. See  Psalm 46:1
 God will direct my path. See Proverbs 3:5-6
 I am not afraid because God is with me. See Psalm 23
 I am not afraid of what mere man can do to me. Psalm 118:6

Saying things out loud helps. Try it.  When you know that you know that you know that God is in control and say so, what reason do you have to keep looking down?

PRAYER: Father I want to lean on you for freedom from doubt and worry. Help me not listen to wrong or negative messages but to fill my head with good and positive thoughts and Bible verses. I am thankful you are in control. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Click link for wonderful song to start your Monday:

No comments:

Post a Comment