Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Stay Alert



Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

I live a few miles from the small city of Huntsville, Alabama. Between here and there I pass through lots of countryside terrain and therefore the possibility of having a deer run across the road. Because of this I have to stay alert because I never know when one will dash across my path. I certainly do not want to wreck my car and possibly get injured so safety and awareness is crucial. 

In life it is necessary to be alert as well. Satan, our enemy, is roaming around trying to trap us, get us off the path God intends for us, and to lie and deceive us. If we are not careful we could fall prey to his subtle schemes. 

You can avoid this by staying grounded in God's word. Don't just go to church for one hour and somehow feel you are inoculated from anything bad happening.  Sunday worship is nice but not enough. Stay in God's word and meditate upon it daily. The more you 'feed' on 'the world' the more you will be like the world and the more you meditate on the truth in the Bible the more you will be Christlike. 

Remember to stay alert and stay in prayer. 

PRAYER: Protect me Lord from the subtle tricks of my  enemy Satan. I choose to not make excuses about why I  too busy to spend time daily with you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment