Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

No Worries



Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Here we are in a brand new year. The old is behind us impossible to replay. The past is gone. The resolutions have been made and maybe already broken. One good thing maybe to try to do in 2015 is to make up your mind to not worry. I have heard people say "but I am just a worrier" but still that is not an excuse. 

Worry robs us of peace that God wants us to have. He wants you to trust Him. Just because your child gets on a plane and occasionally a plane may crash does not mean you need to start worrying his or her plane will plummet to earth. When the Ebola scare took hold last summer and early fall that did not mean everyone was going to contract it, so stay in a protective bubble. When I chose to tandem skydive last fall I could not sit around worrying I would die because the chute would fail. In other words rely on God and cast cares on Him then forget about it. Don't constantly sit by your phone expecting it to ring with bad news. Go about your life and relax for a change and try prayer. 

Oh but there are many who pray and still can not seem to get beyond this worrying. To achieve peace within you have to let go of the controls. Ask God to help you if you suffer from constant fretting, then go have a good day.

PRAYER: Lord I want to have peace and I want you to have my cares. I know worrying won't change a situation but praying will. Give me strength to trust you and cast my cares once and for all. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link below to begin your new year with a song of praise:

1 comment:

  1. Becky:
    Blessed New Year to you and yours. I love that song. Several years ago, I read a book called, "Anger is a choice". In one section the author had included a drawing of the human body and marked each area that could cause a person pain if that person didn't deal with anger. I believe it was written by Tim La Haye.

    ReplyDelete