Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, December 5, 2014

Pray Like You Mean It!


And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Matthew 6:7
For whatever reason there are some Christians who don't pray or feel they don't know how. Maybe being raised in a certain church made them feel they had to change their tone of voice or say 'thee' or 'thou' and the whole thing intimidated them. Prayer is simply talking to God. No special degree required. No different speech patterns. It is just pouring out your heart to God.
Maybe you grew up saying only "God is great" prayers or "now I lay me down to sleep" and have never really poured out your heart to God.   Perhaps now you have fallen into a pattern of not praying at all. The devil loves that because through prayer is where you have the power to defeat him. If you have been lulled into complacency when it comes to prayer, now is the time to turn that around. Prayer gives us power to defeat the schemes of the enemy. I know people who have been turned off by prayer saying it does not work. We are to pray and pray some more and never lose heart.
I challenge you to not just pray memorized prayers but pray from your heart. Just talk to God. He hears you and He listens. Make prayer a part of each day.
PRAYER: There have been times I have not gone to you in prayer. Forgive me Lord.  I choose to not rush into my day unarmed. I want your power in my life and with prayer I have it. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment