Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Memories


Behold, I will do a new thing,Now it shall spring forth;Shall you not know it?I will even make a road in the wilderness, And rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19

I was reflecting the other day about the businesses I had seen come and go in my nearly 15 years living here in the Tennessee Valley. I have never lived in a place long enough due to the military to notice many changes but now I do.

A favorite restaurant Sister Gooch in Madison, Alabama closed several years ago. A coffee  shop called Madison Gallery closed as well. I used to go there each Thursday for a cool cappuccino. A fine eating establishment called Victoria's in Huntsville, Alabama recently shut their doors. It makes me sad because I wonder if it is a business failure or family death or illness. Whistle Stop Cafe which was here in Ardmore and shut its' doors over a year or so ago. Izzy's Bagel Shop later renamed Brewbaker's was a frequent stop to meet up with friends and it too is gone. 

The point being changes are part of life. Sometimes we do not like them but they still happen and there is no way to get them from not happening. We have to be flexible with changes in our own lives to go with the flow and not be upset when things do not go according to an established plan. Sort of keeps life interesting when we have to live day to day. That is what the Lord intends for us to do. He wants us to cherish our memories but not grovel in the past and He has many new exciting things ahead in each of our lives.Our lives are like a vapor anyway and we do not even know if we will be here for tomorrow so it is essential to live for the day at hand. 

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for each day you have given me here on Earth. Sometimes changes occur in my own life or around me and it may be difficult, sad, or  disappointing but help me learn to move on an adapt as I know you have good things in store for those who love you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Note: I wrote this over a week ago but yesterday in church this was the theme and the same Bible verse used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment