Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Behind Closed Doors

 

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Our enemy Satan is very subtle. He works in the shadows to deceive people and plants lie after lie using often unsuspecting human subjects to trick us and take us off course. His mission is to kill, steal, and destroy according to John 10:10. He is not interested in the truth and will try to get even believers caught up and so busy they have little time to study the Bible. It is by reading and the study of God's word we have the weapons to defeat him. 

We can become so interested in doing 'good' that we forget to devour God's word. Sunday worship time is super but it does a person little good if there is no life change and no desire to go beyond that one hour on Sunday. It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict others, not ours, so if you live with a person like this, shhhh,not your job. 

Make sure you are not ignorant of the enemies schemes. Many people get uncomfortable talking about the enemy but he is puny, tricky, and REAL, but God is bigger and more powerful. Run to Him today!

PRAYER: I want to not get caught up in religion and forget to have a relationship with you Lord. I choose to resist the enemy and let him hear me praising you. I will run to you and flee Satan's traps. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky. My friend took me to Sadie's Bistro on Providence Street, Huntsville for lunch this past Wednesday. I am so glad we went there. The food is wonderful and while there I saw your cards on a table. Praise be to God that He orchestrated me being there and that I had the opportunity to look at the table and see your cards. Your BlogSpot is a huge blessing to me. Finding you at this time in my life is God's timing.
    Your sister in Christ Jesus,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete