Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I Pledge Thee My Troth



When you make a vow to God, do not delay to fulfill it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. Ecclesiastes 5:4

In our wedding vows 37 years ago part of it said "I pledge thee my troth" and we laughed about it as it sounded like I was giving a stable away. But the troth means faithfulness or truthfulness. The word 'pledge' itself means "a solemn binding promise". It is a vow and should not be taken lightly.

Pledges are part of everyday life in America. Take the 'Pledge of Allegiance' for example. It is a serious promise you make when you recite this pledge or promise. Say it to yourself and think what it means. In Christian circles many make a 'pledge' to donate money to a radio station, ministry or a missionary. This pledge should be taken seriously as it is a promise and ministries count on your faithfulness. I will be the first to admit there have been times I forgot and felt ashamed of myself. When I was in college I 'pledged' to a sorority or joined it and pledged to be faithful as a 'sister'. Pledges are important. 

Have you made pledges you have not kept? God can forgive you so do not beat up on yourself but purpose in your heart you will not allow breaking pledges to become a habit. If you  pledge allegiance to America and don't follow it you may be guilty of treason. A pledge is a trust, a promise. If you are committing to something you want to be faithful. This is between you and God. Start today and ask God to help you keep that which you have promised.


PRAYER: Lord Jesus I want to be faithful to my promises and pledges. This is an honorable thing to do and Christian thing to do. Help me not make excuses but to fulfill my pledges. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment