Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Be Yourself And Relax


Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad. Proverbs 12:25

Many women this time of year can get themselves worked into a frenzy if not careful, myself included. I purpose in my heart each Christmas season to not try to compare myself with what people think we need to do this time of year. I tried one new thing to take pressure off several years ago and that was to send New Years cards instead of the traditional Christmas card. It took an immense amount of stress off of me. Many do not send cards at all and that is fine as well. 
If you are catching yourself starting to cave to all the craziness that can start this time of year  with office parties, mandatories gatherings, work, shopping, baking,  entertaining, and decorating, stop for a moment and breathe. Make this your Mary and Martha moment. You remember the story in Luke 10:38-42 where Jesus was coming to visit and Martha was all hyper and distracted and her sister Mary simply enjoyed the time with Jesus and did not worry about dust bunnies and cooking. That is my modern translation. 
Make it a point to try to carve out some time to sit and be still. Give your cares, concerns, and even your shopping list to the Lord. Do not forget why we are celebrating and keep things in perspective. This is not a big party time but this is a party for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. 
PRAYER: Thank you Lord for being able to celebrate your birth. Every year I end up in a tizzy of sorts and intend to not let that happen with your help. Help me be still and know that you are God as it says in Psalm 46:10. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment