Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Hardy Har


A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.  Proverbs 17:22
I have a sensitive nature at times and when it comes to people kidding me about being hyper they say things like "Have you had enough coffee?" After awhile I have a good cry then move on with it. God made me 'high energy' and I am thankful but when jokes or cruel comments come I have to blow it off. Those who do it probably thought they were being funny and I need to move on and get over it. Being funny is a good thing as long as it is not at the expense of others.

It is good to laugh and have fun but never to intentionally make fun of people. Laughter  is like medicine for our souls. I think of the movie 'Patch Adams' starring the late Robin Williams, about a doctor who used laughter with his patients to help them heal. A rotten spirit  can make you sick. To laugh and smile is to be lifted up above your problems. A good clean joke is always a good thing.

When you laugh exhibit joy and God loves a joyful heart. Find a person who needs a smile today and be a friend. What usually follows a smile is a chuckle. Do you part to make others happy and joyful in the name of Jesus!

PRAYER: I thank you Lord for the gift of laughter. Help me not tell jokes to belittle others and help me be able to share your joy with others. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment