Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

New Friends, Old Friends!



One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

If you do not speak up to strangers you may never make friends. I have found this to be true that someone has to make the first move to speak up. For instance, in the locker room at Redstone Arsenal recently I said hi to a young lady and ended up talking fifteen minutes and found out she was new to the post and her husband was active duty. Basically no friends or connections yet. I gave her my card(even if you do not have a job you can have cards made up) and talked to her about Moms in Prayer since I found out she had children at home. I look forward to hopefully hearing from her.

If you feel lonely sometimes you have to take the initiative to be first in calling someone or sending a card.  Don't always wait for others to contact you. There is a saying "Make new friends and keep the old one is silver and the other gold!" That is so true. Don't get cliquish and not include others. Look for hurting or lonely people because they are everywhere. Sometimes a smile is all it takes to brighten someone's day. 

Show God's love wherever you are today. Open a door for someone at a store. Let someone in front of you in line. Pay it forward perhaps in a drive thru. Give an unexpected gift to a friend. Call your mom if she is still alive, or your dad. Send a card to someone. Now go spread friendliness!

PRAYER: Thanks so very much Lord for helping me show your love to others. Thank for helping me love even the unlovable. I choose to be kind and nice and do it because it makes you happy. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment