Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Feeling So Lonely



For his anger lasts only a moment,but his favor lasts a lifetime;weeping may stay for the night,but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

This the time of year that people can start to feel lonely. The expectations of having a 'perfect family Christmas' can create stress and also cause unmet expectations. Also those who have recently experienced a loss may be less than merry.The time of year set about to be "merry and bright" can often turn into a sad struggle. Even other times of the year loneliness can abound but this time of year it seems to be on 'steroids' so to speak.

If you are feeling lonely, first of all know that God loves you. Try to not entertain thoughts of doubt, fear, condemnation, comparison and basically do a mental practice of focusing on good and positive thoughts. Even talk out loud to yourself things like the following:

I am a child of God!
Jesus loves me!
Joy comes in the morning!
No weapon formed against me will prosper!
I am the head and not the tail!
You Lord have good plans for me!
I refuse to listen to Satan's lies!

You can probably add a few of your own. Loneliness can be quite disabling though. One of the BEST cures is doing something for someone else and what better time of year is there to do that but this time when giving is overemphasized. My friend, God does not want you to be lonely. Run to Him. Talk to Him in prayer and get busy and get out and find someway to help someone else. I guarantee it will make you feel better. 

PRAYER: I am very grateful for the gift of family and friends and do not take these relationships for granted. Show me how to be a good friend and awesome family member. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link below for a song of praise and hope:

No comments:

Post a Comment