Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Mouth Attack



But no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil full of deadly poison. James 3:8
How many times has your mouth gotten you into trouble? You maybe gossip, swear, lie, criticize, complain,  say unkind words, or just don't think things through before opening it. I think if all of us are honest we can answer that at some time or other the mouth has gotten us into big trouble. I am not ashamed to say mine has. I constantly am on my guard trying to think before I speak and asking myself is what I am going to say even necessary. This 'talking' can come in form of texting or emails too. Once we say it or type it, it is too late.
We can be misunderstood or misinterpreted too and end up digging ourselves from a hole and apologizing all over ourselves. Why not work towards the goal of being careful what we say. Set a high standard for yourself. "If you can not say something nice" as some moms used to say "then say nothing at all."

Can you tame your tongue? Why not pray and ask God to make you and your mouth an instrument of love. 

PRAYER: Lord I love you and want to be a good representative of you. I know what I say can be misunderstood so please guide me as I speak. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment