Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

FOR PREACHERS ONLY?


People have kidded me in the past because of my passion for the things of the Lord and my writing and saying "you need to be a pastor" or something to that effect. Why is it to live for the Lord and write stuff about Him appears odd to some? It is as if others feel I have some special "hotline" to God. I do not. My passion is, and has been, to write devotions and share the love of Jesus with others far and wide. You do not need a theological degree to do this. All of us who love Jesus should be getting into his word and sharing his love with those we come into contact with daily.2 Timothy 4:2(NKJV) says "Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.'

There have been times I have been at a gathering where if a priest or preacher was in the crowd they were called upon in an "unofficial capacity" to offer a prayer. Anyone who names the name of Jesus is qualified to say a prayer. Prayer is simply talking to God. That's it. Pretty simple. Depending on what religion you were raised in you may be afraid to do this. "Religion" often gets in the way of a true relationship with Christ.

Matthew 7:21-23(NKJV) says 'Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Be sure to know that you know when you are done here on Earth you will be with Jesus. Cry out to Him today!

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for the gift of eternal life with you which is promised to those who call upon your name. Help me concentrate on living for you here and not judging others. Forgive me when I have missed the mark and done my own thing ignoring you. I choose to walk with you Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment