Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, November 25, 2013

IRRITATIONS OF LIFE



Call them what you like. Annoyances, pet peeves, distractions, but most everyone at one time or another has experienced something in life that rubs them the wrong way. What are we as believers to do about this? Are we to be "like the world" and simply spout off, get agitated, or become "righteously indignant" or do we hold our tongue and pray? Yes we all have feelings and emotions but it is that fruit of the spirit called "self control" that we need to learn to develop in our life if things or people irritate you to the point you do not feel "Christian". I must admit I have spoken up in a kind way a couple times at a movie theater when the people behind me insisted on talking instead of watching the movie.

Many times it is better to overlook something than to cause a confrontation. Proverbs 19:11(NIV) reminds us 'A person's wisdom yields patience, it is to one's glory to overlook an offense.' Our mouth comes into play here as well as our emotions often cause us to not think and say things we regret later. Proverbs 14:29(NIV) says 'Whoever is patient has great understanding but one who is quick tempered displays folly.'

Do you choose to be foolish or wise?

PRAYER: I want to be able to be a shining light for you Jesus wherever I go. To do this I need to control my thoughts, my emotions, and my mouth. Give me the self control needed to live a life pleasing to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment