Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

LAY DOWN REVENGE AND HATE



 Has someone hurt you and you are so mad you can hardly contain yourself? You just want to get back at them and give them a "taste of their own medicine" but I ask you, is that God's way?

We live in a culture obsessed with getting back at others. You have probably heard the catchy "jingles" on radio or television here in the United States for lawyers who encourage people to get a check for their pain and suffering.

I challenge you to find ways to love the unlovable. Those who lie, cheat, steal, deceive, and hurt us. Pray for them and pray for your attitude towards people who fit these categories. Holding hate in your heart and not being able to forgive is just what the devil ordered. It is not from God. Seeking to "get back" at others is not good for anyone.

Matthew 5:44(NIV) is an excellent verse to commit to memory. 'But I tell you love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.' Romans 12:21(NIV) also should be memorized. 'Do not be overcome with evil but overcome evil with good.'

Who do you need to love with "the love of Jesus today?"

PRAYER: Help me to give up my right for getting back at those who have hurt me. Help me learn to let things go and move on and forgive. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment