Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!


 Do you have love for others in your heart? Loving others is sacrificing sometimes what you want to do to out the other person first. It could be a spouse, friend, family member, or a complete stranger. You show love through your words and your actions.

Love is speaking a kind word to someone be it a friend or stranger. Love is being a friend to someone who is hurting. Love is lending a helping hand to those in need. Love is putting another before yourself. Love is not getting even. Love is sharing. Love is finding a way to cheer up someone and make their day better. Love is overlooking faults. Love is being kind.

When people think of you do you think they think of you as someone who would represent love? What can you do today to show God's love to someone? It can be as simple as a smile. Yes our mouth is also not just to communicate with, eat, sing, and kiss but it works to smile and make someone happy too.

1 John 4:7(NIV) says 'Dear friends let us love one another for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.' Do you know God? I do not mean do you go to church each week or you are a member of a certain church but do you truly feel you have asked Jesus to be Lord of your life? Once you do it is easier to truly love people and even those who may rub you the wrong way. This does not mean you will not slip up but each day try to love like God would love.

PRAYER: I want to love like you love Father. I want to speak kindness to those around me. I want to be able to forgive and forget. I know this is all a part of having love in my heart. Help me Lord as I seek to love more and judge less. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment