Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

FOCUS STRAIGHT AHEAD AND UP


 
As I was driving leaving the Army post the other day I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed the car behind me was right on my bumper. This is a big pet peeve of mine and I am trying to gain victory over it.
This made me think about distractions of sin in our own lives. When we focus on problems in our life or the life of a family member we can become so annoyed and worried that we take our eyes off Jesus. When you take your eyes off the savior then fear sets in. Don't look down, right, left, or behind you but stay focused straight ahead on God's plan for your life.
A gymnast on a balance beam has to have strict concentration when walking across the beam. If not they could tumble to the floor before often with injuries as a result. Likewise there may be "storms" brewing all around you but to not be fearful you have to trust Jesus.
Satan has many schemes to get your focus off God and make you crumble and weak in your faith. Keep pressing on my friend.
'Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith,who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.' Hebrews 12:1-2(ESV).
PRAYER: Another day is dawning. A day for me to go out into this world looking up and straight ahead to you and not worrying what is behind me or to the left or right. I thank you father that you are guiding me every step of the way as long as I trust in you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment