Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

FRIEND OF SINNERS?

Jesus is, are you? Guess what? We are all sinners! "Oh but no way my sin is not nearly as bad as so and so. Do you know what they did?" Hey God does not like that self righteous attitude either. There aren't good sins and worse sins. It is all sin.

There are people that think homosexuality is the ultimate sin or murder or adultery. Show me where in the Bible it says that?  Instead of condemning those caught in these "worse" sins we need to stop judging and start praying. Isaiah 64:6(NIV) says ' All of us have become like one who is unclean,and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags, we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.'

Romans 3:23(NIV) reminds each of us when we start to look down on others 'for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.'

Take a moment and clean yourself up. I do not mean to take a bath but mentally stop and think and confess those things to God that keep you from being closer to Him. Do not worry or condemn others. Point the finger at yourself for just a moment. 

1 John 1:9(NIV) 'If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.'

PRAYER: Father each day I need to come to you in my quiet time and cleanse myself from the things I have said or dense that have not pleased you. I need to focus on working on myself and not trying to fix everyone else. Help me to pray and not judge.I am thankful you forgive us and forget our sins. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment