Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 15, 2013

PAYDAY


Today for many people it is payday, the middle of the month and  time to collect your wages for your work for the past 15 days.  There is a real payday coming not based on getting wages for work but getting a crown of life after you have been on this earth, lived for Christ , and enter God's heavenly kingdom. 

This "payday" will be more than we can imagine. Better than the best bonus check you could receive. Better than the ultimate bonus. Even better than a millionaire's riches. No one can even imagine what this day or the heavenly kingdom will be like.

1 Corinthians 2:9(ASV) says 'but as it is written, Things which eye saw not, and ear heard not, And which entered not into the heart of man, Whatsoever things God prepared for them that love him.'  As vivid as the imagination is of Hollywood movie script writers, producers, directors and everyone else responsible for creating unbelievable scenes for motion pictures, well this verse attests to the fact that not even in their minds could they ever dream up what awaits those who have trusted Jesus and asked them into their hearts prior to their death.

Matthew 7:21-23(NIV) says ''Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Romans 10:13(NIV) says 'All those who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.' Are you ready for your "spiritual payday?"

PRAYER: Today and every day Lord I want to be doing things that will draw me closer to you and not take me away from you. I realize the enemy Satan is our there with his bag of tricks and lies trying to deceive me and my loved ones. Keep me alert to the tricks of the enemy. I look forward to my heavenly payday when my time on this earth is over. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment