Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 22, 2013

BLESSINGS OF GROWING OLDER


 So many people seem to dread birthdays. Those days that send you over 30, over 40, over 50, over 60 and so on. Each and every day is a gift from our creator.

Seems like the "growing younger" market is thriving. People striving to regain or recapture youth. I am not condemning this as I have done it too. There are commercials touting a miracle cream to take away spots and wrinkles modeled on television by a "twenty something" girl who will not see this occur for years. Why not embrace where God has you in life and look for ways to prosper and grow right where you are? Stop thinking you are too old for trying new things. You should want to keep working for the Lord and seeking to do things for his kingdom and making an impact in the world. It is good though to keep "God's temple", your body, in shape to be able to enjoy the years He gives you though.

Job 12:12 tells us 'Wisdom is with aged men and with long life is understanding.' I don't know about you but I kind of like having advanced wisdom. Older people can sort of get left behind and sadly made the butt of jokes but we are to love, honor,and respect them. You can indeed learn lots from those who have "gone before you".

2 Corinthians 4:16 is a superb verse of hope and cheer. It says 'Therefore we do not lose heart, for though our outer man is perishing, our inner man is being renewed day by day.'

Embrace where you are in life. Do not succumb to depression because you have another birthday but celebrate another day to live for Jesus and make an impact in this world.

PRAYER: I am so thankful Lord for each and every day of life you have given me. Forgive me if I start thinking I am washed up. I know at any age there is always hope. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Dedicated to our firstborn son Matthew Miller who celebrates his 31st birthday today.

No comments:

Post a Comment