Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

RAINBOW AT 35,000 FEET


While flying back to Huntsville recently about ready to land in Dallas, I glanced out my window and there at 35,000 feet was a partial rainbow. I had some things on my mind that were troubling me and this rainbow sort of made me forget things and remember to trust God. Three months ago returning from Phoenix I also saw one. Even at that altitude God has ways of getting our focus back on Him. In the Bible the rainbow was a sign that God would never bring a flood again to cause all flesh to die. (See Genesis 9:13-16).

I write devotions to give others hope but I have to also remember to keep my focus on things above too, meaning up to heaven, and not be dwelling on early issues that really do not matter that much. Any of us, even a minister of the gospel for instance, are subject to becoming sad or forlorn if we do not intentionally stay in the word of God.

Psalm 25:5(NIV) says 'Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.'

Do you need hope and encouragement today? Do you need the joy of the Lord? Continue reading in Psalms and I guarantee you will be lifted up.

PRAYER: I am so very thankful Lord when I can count on the word of God to lift me up when I have found myself in a pit of despair. Thank you for your word which is true and guides me always. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment