Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

ON A MISSION FOR PEACE


I do not live in Manhattan, Boston, LA, Chicago, or any other number of huge metropolitan areas but I still find myself occasionally needing to break away and get rid of the "clutter" of life that can often distract me and weigh me down. Things such as constant noise, people everywhere, too much technology, too many emails, too many wrong phone numbers. I am not intending on becoming a grinch by any means because I indeed am a people person. My point is all of us need time to sit back and be quiet and still and "recharge". On the other hand there are those in our world yearning for someone to talk to or wishing they had a car or means to get out and about.


For those of you reading who need to get away and "recharge" the first thing I need to say is the best way to start off each and every day is to take time for God. Write Him first in your busy schedule. Perhaps lunchtime on a park bench somewhere or seated in your car works for you. Whatever, make sure time with God is not squeezed out.
Isaiah 30:15(NIV) says 'This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy one of Israel says, "In repentance and rest is your salvation and in quietness and trust is your strength but you would have none of it."' 1 Peter 3:4(NLT) says 'You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.'


Let's all try to let our aim in life be to maintain peace in all circumstances. To achieve this you need to get alone with God for His strength.

PRAYER: Today I choose peace and quiet. I choose to be intentional about getting alone and being still and spending time with you. Show me ways to do this Father. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. A very good message. I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete