Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WEEPING MAY LAST FOR A NIGHT....



 ....But joy comes  in the morning. Death is part of life but no one is really ready for it especially if it comes too early such as in the case of a baby,child, or teenager. In the past couple weeks a young lady I worked with a few years ago died at the age of 28. A friend of mine lost a work colleague who was in her thirties. Just a couple days ago my daughter in laws' 98 year old great grandma also passed away. No matter what the age or how it happens it is sad and leaves a hole in your life. It takes time to heal wounds and get beyond it and death anniversaries are particularly difficult. In the area I live in when someone dies in a vehicular accident at times some family or friends place a roadside cross with the name of the victim on the cross. This is a way to remember them and perhaps helps with the healing.

 For the believer there is hope of seeing your loved ones and friends in heaven some day. They are in a better place. Now do not go up to some one grieving and quote Romans 8:28 which many are familiar with. It says " All things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose." Perhaps later on that is okay but it is not necessary to say anything. Just give a hug.

Psalm 116:15 is a good verse for this time and it says "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." A dear friend of mine died at the very young age of 44 several years ago and in her obituary in the newspaper it had the following verse from Philippians 1:21-24. It reads "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain.If I am to go on living in the body this will mean fruitful labor  for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know.I am torn between the two. I desire to depart and be with Christ which is better by far but is is more necessary for you that I remain in the body."


Many times the person is sick and getting up there in years and it is still hard to say goodbye. Once in heaven all the pain, sadness, sickness will end and your loved one will be seeing Jesus face to face in a glorious place. There have been accounts of those people who have died and been brought back to life and have spoken of the peacefulness they felt as they were entering heaven and on occasion some said they wished they could have stayed.

2 Corinthians 4:17 says " For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."   We are on this earth such a short time compared to eternity.James 4:14 says "How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? For your life is like the morning fog. It is here a little while then it is gone."

 I have heard this acronym for the word Bible which is good and useful. Bible could mean Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth. Are you reading your instruction manual now? You never know when God will call you home. Be ready.

1 Corinthians 7:31 says "Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away."  If you were to die today do you know for sure you will go to heaven? If not say this simple prayer. "Lord Jesus I want you to be Lord of my life. Come into my heart today and transform me. I want to live for you and serve you. Forgive me for my sins. Come into my heart now."

PRAYER: Lord I know life is short compared to eternity. Help me make the best use of each day living for you and serving you and help me not be scared to die. Thank you Lord for being my Saviour. Comfort those who have recently lost a loved one. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link to be comforted in song
http://youtu.be/LJTQPZuvAKo
Reference for title: Psalm 30:5

No comments:

Post a Comment