Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

HOW IS YOUR OIL?


Do you do maintenance on your car you drive? Do you check your oil when you fill up with gas? Do you check fluid levels so car or truck does not overheat? There are little routine things you need to do to maintain your vehicle or it may decide to seize up on you and stop working. You can not just go every three or four months for an oil change and expect your car to be okay in between. The oil change is to get rid of dirty oil and replace it with clean fresh oil.

 In our spiritual life we need an 'oil change' and regular checkups as well. If you only pick up your Bible say 6 times a year you will become a weak, flabby Christian and be falling apart unable to cope with the storms of life that are sure to come about. When you do a 'spiritual oil change and maintenance' by getting into the word each day and praying your problems in life will diminish. Don't just run to God in problem times but make his word and Him part of your daily lifestyle. Excuses will come. Other things will seem more important. The enemy has many distractions. If you get into the word and start learning what it says you will have power to defeat Satan.

2 Timothy 2:15 says "Study to show thyself approved, a workman that need not be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth."

PRAYER: I know that I need to 'maintain' my spiritual life and I know my 'spirit' can not be strong unless I read your word and study it. Help me Lord when I feel like I am too busy for you. I want to be strong to fight the spiritual battles that come my way. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment