Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 9, 2012

SHHH! DON'T TALK SO MUCH.



Words, talking, thinking out loud can all get us into trouble. Can anyone out there relate to that? Perhaps reacting with our mouth or a quick email; before thinking things totally through. Waiting goes hand in hand with learning to control what we say and when we say it. Hasty words uttered that should have been left unsaid can have devastating consequences sometimes.

In Proverbs 17:28 is pretty blunt and it says "Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue." Wow! No one really likes to be called a fool. That is not necessarily a term of endearment. But how true it is that we can appear pretty foolish when we have not thought out what we are going to say and just let anything pop out of our mouth.

Proverbs 10:19 says "When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise." It is best to listen more and talk less. This helps keep us out of trouble. James 1:19 is one of my favorites and it says "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry," Commit that to memory and use that as the goal for your daily conversations and your life will have less problems.

Let me end with this wonderful scripture from Psalm 19:14 which says" May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."

PRAYER: Father at times I do not think before I speak and may end up hurting someones feelings or getting myself into trouble. Help me to learn self control over my mouth and give me the strength to only say what is going to please you. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Click on link below for a song of praise and worship to start your day.
http://youtu.be/LvXB5gHBjec

No comments:

Post a Comment