Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

LOVE CAN LIFT YOU HIGHER




Do you really love with God's love? This means all people. What about the rude store clerk? Perhaps the inattentive waitress? Maybe the tailgater that has followed you for miles? What about someone who sues you? Maybe a boss who expects 6 days of work in 5 days? Is there a friend who has decided they no longer want to be a friend? Let's say it is a mean neighbor who keeps being ugly.Whatever the case guess what? God still wants you to love them.

All I  know is The Bible tells  us to love. It does not just say on Sunday and to our church friends. It means love those hard to love. As I call it 'loving with the love of Jesus'. Jesus loves all of us and some of us are pretty unlovable at times. Just try to do it.

Romans 12:9 and 10 says "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil and cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."  Matthew 5:44 reminds us to "Love your enemies and pray for one who persecute you."  Next time you are angry at a person doing ugly things to you try praying for them. Yes you heard me right.  It does not matter who it is. They may be a total stranger or a family member. Ask God for the strength to be kind no matter what. You can not truly be like Jesus till you learn to love like him.

PRAYER: Lord God I confess there are times when I have not been a loving person. Help me to remember to be like you in my dealings with all people. Help me be especially kind to those in my family who sometimes are easy to hurt the most. Help me not lash back when spoken harshly to and keep my mouth from uttering things that would not bring glory to you. In Jesus name. Amen.

Note: Once again I have included a wonderful praise and worship song to lift your spirits. Click on link below and be blessed.
http://youtu.be/SOVF634y6-Y

No comments:

Post a Comment