Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

HELP LORD!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER!!


Have you ever been in a situation you just wish were over? A good example might be your work. Let's say you have an impossible boss and he or she demands way too much of you. Your job is no longer fun because of requirements by your employer that make no sense. You want to give your two week notice or simply feel like quitting and walking out. But is that really the best idea? Not really, especially if you have a family and bills to pay.

Have you ever wondered why the Lord is allowing you to suffer under the hands of an impossible boss? You  wonder where is God in all this. Maybe God is still very much there but you are in need of learning some valuable lessons.

 Now sure you do not tell someone who can not stand their job and can not see God in any of it that there is a 'big plan'. Hardly anyone likes to be preached at. In fact God may not cause a certain thing to occur but He can in fact use it to 'grow' a person into the image of Christ. That is more than likely what is occurring.

There are some Christians who would laugh at me for saying this and may mock me and say "yeah right. God is causing me to hate my job"! Tests and trials of life come in all shapes and sizes. We really never know what is around the corner so we need to be prepared to react in a Christlike fashion when things don't go your way or you feel your 'joy meter' running down.

Trials, tests,and hardships are not pleasant. I have discussed this subject a few times lately. Have you ever heard someone say "nothing good comes easy?" You have to work at things, persevere, stay positive, control the urge to spout off,  and just keep running the race of life to win.

Isaiah 55:8 says "For my thoughts are not your thoughts and my ways are not your ways."

 Whatever it is you are doing try to keep a good attitude. Colossians 3:23 reminds us "Whatever you do work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord and not for men.".

Wherever you are at today and feel like giving up hold onto Jesus. Ask Him to give you strength as well as a peaceful spirit to endure the challenges ahead.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus sometimes I do not understand why I have to go through certain things. Give me strength to accomplish my tasks as if you were beside me. Help me do all things remembering I represent you. In Jesus name. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment