Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

HUGS!!



 Recently I was in a coffee shop and observed two close female friends hugging as a greeting. This got me to thinking about when we go to heaven and get a  'God hug'. Handshakes are more formal and you see men mostly doing that or business associates but a hug is something special and shows intimacy between friends or family. God will be the greatest hugger ever. No formal handshaking for Him.

 In church and Bible study people often exchange hugs with dear friends but even at some churches I have attended you feel comfortable giving a 'God hug' to those around you during greeting time instead of the traditional handshake. There was allot of hugging going on a few days ago at our son and new daughter in law's wedding as people were happy to see each other and greeted by hugging.
 Think how neat a hug makes you feel from a loved one or a friend, then imagine those people out there that have no friends at all. There are people out there like that,extremely lonely folks who would give anything to be hugged. The saying goes "if you want to be a friend you have to show yourself friendly" so do not wait for someone to always make the first move. Talk to people and get to know them. I have made my friends in many neat 'God thing' ways. Think of ways you could be a friend to someone who needs one or if you are the one needing that friend why not make the first move.

Now back to that 'God hug' from God himself someday. God loves us with an everlasting love. He is ready to wrap His arms around you. In Matthew 11:28 it says "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest."  Mark 6:34 says "When Jesus arrived and saw a huge crowd he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd.So he began teaching them many things.
Are you in need of a touch from God today? God loves you. All you need do is call on Him.

 PRAYER: Lord God I thank you for the love and comfort only you can give. When I start feeling sorry for myself help me to learn to reach out to someone who seems lonely or to call a friend. Help me show God's love to those you put in my path daily. In Jesus name. Amen.

Further reading: Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment