Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 2, 2012

DELIGHTED



 What is delight? It is pure joy in my own definition. I felt great delight a few days ago as I watched my younger son get married to his soul mate and best friend who is also a beautiful  young lady inside and out. It gave me great delight and just tremendous pleasure to see them be joined as man and wife. I was DELIGHTED to say the least!

What brings you delight? On your list of things that are delightful is your love for Jesus one of them? Webster's dictionary defines delightful as 'greatly pleasing'.  Does the Lord please you?
Psalm 37:4 reminds us "Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Do you find delight in God and His word or do you find Him boring? Do you do church things but really have no quality time to sit alone and get into the word of God? You can be in church on all sorts of committees, teaching classes, and doing service projects, but do you delight in Jesus? Something to think about.

When you are delighted by someone you want to give them your time. They excite you and bring you joy. This is hopefully how you feel about Jesus. Maybe it is time to reexamine your heart and see if God has first place in your heart.

Psalm 1:1-2 says "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or stand in the way with sinners, or sit in the seat of mockery, but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His law he meditates both day and night."

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I am delighted in you and want to stay delighted. The world can throw stumbling blocks my way to get me to stray from the path of righteousness you want me to stay on. I choose to be delighted in your word and grow in the knowledge of Christ. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment