Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

BE LIKE JESUS. BUT HOW?

How do I become like Jesus? First is you need to spend time in the word of God then you will learn his character. Next ask yourself if the way you treat people is the way Jesus would treat them. After this when you sit down to watch TV and if Jesus were with you would you watch the same programs? Is the type of entertainment you enjoy something you would not be ashamed to take Jesus to as well? What about the people you hang out with? Well on this one Jesus would be there ministering to them and not judging them. Would Jesus say swear words? Ate you kind and merciful? Do you love your neighbor as yourself? Think about those things for a while.

Scripture says in 1 Peter 1:16 to "be holy for I am holy."  1 John 2:6 says " Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."

I heard a saying once that makes you think about what you are doing on a daily basis and it says " if you were arrested for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you?" Think on that for a while. What would you say?
Let me leave you with this verse from 2 Timothy 2:19 and it says "never the less God's solid foundation stands sure sealed with the inscription, the Lord knows who are his. let everyone who. Makes the name of the lord depart from iniquity."

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for the Bible which teaches me how to walk as you would walk. The enemy will fill my head with lies and excuses to keep me away from the word Asa in it lies truth and freedom. I purpose to get up daily and open my bible and get to know you better. In Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment