Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

WRONG THINKING

I often tell people that I hold the gold medal for the sport of 'jumping to conclusions'. Reigning champ, wow I am so proud. I would love to give up this medal to someone else yet it is really not an honor to possess. It is easy if you are not patient to assume things before you really know the facts. Doing this is not a good thing on relationships or in business. Patience is the key. Assumptions are a bad thing. Learn to be patient and try to think the best of things and not assume the worst case scenario. This is back to that mean old devil. He is not some Halloween character in a red jumpsuit with a pitchfork or a cartoon character. This enemy is real, and he destroys relationships by messing with peoples minds when they do not stay focused on Christ. Philippians 4:8 says " Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Basically it says to 'fix' your mind on things that build up not tear down. Worrying and assuming do not lead to any good thing. It is a discipline to focus your mind on God and things 'above' so you do not get into a rut mulling over things in your mind and creating problems that are non existent.

Proverbs 18:17 says "Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight."  There is no way we can know it all and assume something and be sure of it. Here is a scenario from my own experience. Back in the mid 90's I had a friend who is now in heaven with Jesus who I was waiting to hear from so I could make some summer plans. I was keeping my calendar open for her because she was going to be passing through my area and I wanted to see her. When days went on and I never heard from her, humanly it made me upset. Now this was before email and instant communications. As time went on I would say to myself,"I wish Suzy Q would hurry and contact me so I could make my summer plans." Finally she did contact me to tell me she had found out she had cancer and had 3 months to live. Oh my gosh did I feel selfish and stupid. This one thing taught me a valuable lesson in a powerful, yet sad, way. We never know really what is going on so be careful getting mad at people or sending a letter or stuff like that that could backfire later. In most cases there are good explanations so just be still and wait. Another time  I wondered why a good friend was not answering my calls or texts and it turns out she had left her phone in car and another time the battery was dead. So you see what I mean? Do not assume the worse.

Proverbs 18:13 says" how stupid to decide something before knowing the facts." Most times you need to just move on and try all you can to be patient because things will be OK. Trying to fix them or say something to the person might not be the best idea. If you have had this happen just try to have a calm and peaceful spirit and an understanding heart. This whole situation is really a matter of getting our mind off self and onto Jesus. Get involved in the word and concentrate on good things and you will have little time to ponder and wonder about other earthly things. Give those things to God and let them go. Bury those problems and throw away the shovel. It takes practice, believe me.

I will end by saying wrong thinking can lead you into a lot of emotional pain. Fix your eyes on the saviour who can save you and rescue you. Romans 12:1-2 sums it all up and it says " Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. " God bless you on your journey to staying focused on Him.


PRAYER: Help those reading this learn to Be still and know you are God (Psalm 46:1) and to lean on you Lord for any situation in life. Help them stay focused on things above and know that you are the one true friend who is always there and always understands. Help us all stay focused on Jesus and give our cares to him. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment