Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

MAKE GOD A DAILY CHOICE

Today is Sunday the day we should want to set aside to spend special time with God in church. Some people go on Saturday night and that is fine too but the point I am making is that Sunday is a day set aside to honor God. If you think about your week and if you spend 18 hours awake each day then that means you have an average of 126 hours awake. How much time during that 126 hours do you spend with God praying, in church , or reading his word? Do you just get up on Sunday and 'check the block' and do nothing the rest of the week? In order to get to know God better and get closer to him you have to spend quality time with him.

Many things tend to squeeze God out. Reading for instance. Do you read the newspaper and People magazine more than you read the Holy Bible? Just something to think about, not trying to guilt anyone.Do hobbies or sports take the place of God? On a few vacations I have been on they have actually offered a church service. The most recent was in December on a Royal Caribbean cruise who offered a non denominational service on Sunday. At Copper Mountain Ski Area in Colorado  you can attend church in a church building on the resort or up on the mountain top outside. Some campgrounds I have been to offer a service as well.

 I heard an illustration given once on tithing, referring to our money, but it also mentioned tithing our time. If you spend only 20 minutes a week with a friend you would not know very much about them now would you? The more you put into the relationship the more you get out of it. I mean is it really important what movie stars are doing anyway that you have to be consumed in a movie star magazine? I was convicted several years ago about this area so chose to not buy People magazine anymore. I am not saying you can only read the Bible, do not get me wrong. I love to read. But make sure you put good things into your head that will build you up. Every one has to be convicted in their own way.

Exodus 20:8 says, "Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy." Isaiah 58:13-14 says " “If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.”  For the mouth of the LORD has spoken." I am not saying you can not go enjoy Sunday. The Lord created a beautiful world out there and there are many fine forms of recreation. Just do not get in a habit of putting God on the 'back burner'. Psalm 122:1 says "I was glad when they said unto me let us go unto the house of the Lord." Do you get excited about Jesus? Find a church home where Jesus is alive and his word is preached and people seem happy to be there and are growing in the Lord. Hebrews 10:25 tells us "to not forsake gathering together for worship." It should be something you want to do. I pray in 2011 you find a way to get excited and truly make Jesus a priority in your daily life.


PRAYER: Father I desire to know you better and to spend more time in your word getting to know you. Forgive me when other things have taken the place of spending time alone with you in your word. I seek to know you better and have a closer walk. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment