Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

WHERE ARE YOU STEPPING?

Did you make a New Years resolution? I find it a nice way to have a fresh start on something you need to do. What about spending more time with God? How do you do that you might say? Purpose in your heart to lead a life that pleases him. Walk with the Lord daily and seek to get closer to him through Bible study and prayer.

The Bible says 'the steps of a good man are ordered by God."(Psalm 37:23) Are you steps leading you down the right path or away from the Lord? In Proverbs 2:20 it says,"Follow the steps of the godly instead, and stay on the right path." Sort of like in the Wizard of Oz with the yellow brick road. Dorothy,Toto and her 3 companions were told to 'follow the yellow brick' road to get to Oz. If they got off of it they would not get to Emerald City. Likewise we have to stay on God's highway to get to his heavenly kingdom which is far better than the land of Oz in the movie.

Psalm 25:4-7 says,"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD."

PRAYER: Father help those who may be reading this who need direction and help for staying on your path. In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment