Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

CHEER UP

Having trouble getting in a good mood? Especially if you are one of those shut in by winter storms.Even if you have a job outside the home you may not be able to get there due to ice on roads and such. Some of you are blessed to live in warm climates. I think of my friends in Arizona. Enjoy the warm dessert. I loved it out there the two times I was blessed to call it home. But no matter what type climate we are in sometimes our moods can become 'blue' and we feel like we just can not get going. It is at times like these you need to sit down with a piece of paper and make a list of things you are thankful for.

I am thankful for a warm house, indoor plumbing, money to spend, a iced latte shop near by, an interstate highway system five minutes from my home to connect me to the 'world', fresh water, a great family who loves me, an education that 'opened doors' for me, that I was in the Army which got me to the place in life and location I am now, a husband who has a good job and is a good provider, food on the table, my hearing and eyesight, freedom, friends, ability to use my legs and feet since I run and hike, the military gym to work out in, and on it goes. You get the point. I heard of a former Vietnam prisoner of war say he was grateful for a 'doorknob inside of the door".

 If you really stop and think you can come up with a pretty large list. It is hard to be down on life when you think of all that you have. Count your blessings each day. There is much to be thankful for. Luke 17:15-16 says "One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice.  He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him -- and he was a Samaritan."  " In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18.)

If you woke up today you have many things to say thank you for. Try it and see if you do not feel better.

PRAYER: Father help us each day wake up with an attitude of gratitude to you for all you have done. In Jesus Name. Amen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1WmzRxBGFY

No comments:

Post a Comment