Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

HAPPY HOUR

Got your attention I hope. There is a church in the next county over called Lindsay Lane Baptist and they have very creative advertising on a billboard on a major highway here in Alabama which says, "Come To The Only Happy Hour You Will Remember" or something to that effect. Are you happy? Do you have joy in your heart? God wants us to have his joy, his happiness. Things happen in life that take away happiness but we need to keep trying to have a joyful attitude no matter what.

That happy hour this church refers to,of course, is the one hour we typically spend on Sunday in church. Some do it since they were taught to do this and others really want to be there. Regardless, it is good to go to a Bible believing church where God's word is alive and you can have fellowship with other believers.

I think of a childhood Sunday school song that went something like this," A sunbeam a sunbeam. Jesus wants me for a sunbeam. A sunbeam a sunbeam, I'll be a sunbeam for him." Are you being a sunbeam even when you do not feel like it? Sometimes I find that trying to smile at people or doing something nice for someone else helps restore joy and happiness. And try praising God. That helps too. So friend today seek to put on a happy face.

Psalm 144:15 says "Happy are the people whose God is the Lord." John 13:17 says "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you… If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them."

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for we know true happiness is not found in earthly things but only in you. Help me not rely on things on earth to bring me happiness but help me seek you with my whole heart to find the joy of the Lord. In Jesus Name, amen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHyh7JZMFPo

No comments:

Post a Comment