Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

KEEP TRYING

When we were small all of our parents probably tried to encourage us and instill the 'don't quit'  and 'never give up' attitudes in us. I know I did this with our two sons and hopefully it has paid off.  Sometimes we try something in life and it does not work out so you may say to yourself, " this must not be what God has for me."  But if you have a dream and want something sometimes you just have to keep on. There have been famous personalities who were told they would not amount to anything and had they listened our world would not be the same as they would not have achieved the greatness they did.

Lucille Ball was one that was told she had not acting talent. Clint Eastwood was fired from a TV series called 'Riverboat"  because his Adam's apple was too big. Back in 1927 Walt Disney was told his 'Mickey Mouse' character would never work. Director Steven Spielberg did not get into UCLA film school because of his poor grades. Albert Einstein was told by one of his teachers he would never amount to anything. Even though Thomas Edison held 1093 patents for his inventions which we use daily he had several failures too.

When I was in high school I really wanted to be a class officer. I tried both my freshman and sophomore years. Neither year did I make it. This was very humiliating. My best friend encouraged me to try again my junior year, and I did, and I was elected and re-elected my senior year to the position of Class Treasurer. Right now I am really wanting to be a community columnist for the local paper in Huntsville but for the 2nd  or 3rd year was not selected. Do I quit? Not if I really want it. I just try again next October when the contest for 2012 opens and write my two articles to enter and wait. Maybe God has another plan for me right now. Another door will open.

Is there something in your life you want and are about to give up on? Is anyone discouraging you from your dream? Do not let people tell you that you are too old, not enough experience, and the rest of the ways people may discourage you. Instead if you feel in your heart you want to try for something why not just go ahead with it. Do not give up.

Some verses to help you stay encouraged follow. Philippians 4:13 says "I can do all things through him who gives me strength." Revelation 3:8 says "I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me." And finally Psalm 118:6 says "The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" So I encourage you to keep on trying. If you fail at something just like famous inventors who mess up the first time, just keep at it. Keep your focus on God and do not talk yourself into being a failure.

PRAYER: Father encourage those people who have a dream to keep on dreaming and planning and to not give up or lose hope. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment