Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

You Have Entered The Twilight Zone




For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.Isaiah 55:8-9


Back in the 60’s a very popular mystery show aired entitled ‘The Twilight Zone’ and I understand there is a spin off show today by same name. In the original, very strange and bizarre things happened that no one could figure out. Very puzzling to say the least and viewers like me tried. 

This is sort of how it is today the past few months with lockdowns, educational institutions closed, churches meeting online, shelter in place, business and entertainment venues closing, cancellation of elective surgeries, and even coffee shops shuttered. It has been like living in the Twilight Zone wondering what was happening and how you could ever escape. Eerie is an understatement. “Wait you can’t tell me to wear a mask I am an American!”

So here you are in month 5 and the saga continues. The ‘curve’ gets better then ‘they say’ that it has spiked so let’s round up the humans and lock them down again. Truly it has felt a bit like living in the Twilight Zone. What do you do while you wait to escape this black hole? First you relax and talk to God. Keep off the news that seems bent on sharing a one sided view of this medical terror. Be kind to people as many have reached a breaking point. Give thanks for freedom and pray it is soon restored without needing to hide the beauty God gave you under a hot mask. Pray for eradication of this monstrous scourge on humanity. And love one another. That’s it.

PRAYER:Lord I am grateful our times are in your hands. Your plans are greater than ours as are your purposes. Help me trust in your miracle healing power to bring a total end to this time we are in fighting a mystery disease. Help me saturate myself in your word and not stories that feed doubt and fear. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts. Also, pray for those on the 'front lines' and those who have lost loved ones to this pandemic. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete