Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Being Still In An Less Than Still World


Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Psalm 62:5

Everyone likes to stay on schedule wouldn’t you think. Stuff happens though and you have to be able to be adaptable to current situations. Take Covid 19 for instance. Would anyone have been able to predict a public health emergency last December especially in the United States.

As I write this I am sitting parked at the gate of a delayed, due to weather, flight. My first flight since 24 January when I flew to DC for March for Life. Hardly anyone then was concerned about Coronavirus much less heard much about it. Anyway today lots of panic and fear has engulfed society as a result of lack of control of life as you knew it.

So how do you handle disruptions? Go with the flow? Hunker down with a good book such as may I suggest the Bible, and tune in to developing and pursuing peace when you would rather go berserk. The best thing to do is to be still, be thankful, pursue holiness. Ponder ways to help others who are scared. Now go have a good day and seek things ‘above’.

PRAYER: Father God to help me to maintain a good attitude when things go hay wire. Help me to learn to develop peace that only you can give. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment