Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Press Mute




Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29NIV #Biblegateway

Up until the recent stay at home orders, the only persons who had been on conference calls and zoom were usually business people now mostly working from a home office.This can present challenges especially with young children or chattering wives in the home as I recently was made aware of after embarrassing my spouse who was unmuted on a conference call with the ‘top guys’. Whoops. 

Do you need to be reminded to stay muted sometimes when it comes to impulsively talking, texting, emailing or posting on social media? Once something is ‘out there’ that is that and your only choice is damage control or making excuses. The military saying is “loose lips sink ships”.

Don’t try to win every debate but be silent and still and let God fight your battles. Let only things come from your mouth that edify and are kind. If you aren’t sure if it is then keep silent. When wrong day you are sorry. Pray for any who have hurt you with words. Now go share a good and peaceful word to someone having a hard time.

PRAYER: Lord my mouth sure can be my downfall and I need your help to tame it. Help me not always be talking and to enjoy quiet and this means on keyboards as well. Let my words bring joy not anger. In Jesus’ name. Amen.  
#Biblegatewayblogger

1 comment:

  1. YOur post reminds me of the verse that says: It is not your battle, the battle belongs to the LORD. I needed to be reminded of this today. Already have had battle attitudes this morning. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete